SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN
- The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan is an extensive scheme to universalize elementary education through district based, decentralized specific planning and implementation strategy by community ownership of the school system.
- The scheme covering the entire country subsuming within itself all other major governmental educational interventions.
- The Abhiyan is to provide useful and relevant elementary education for children in the 6-14 age group by 2010. The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan is being implement by the JEPC in all 22 district of Jharkhand since 2001-02.
WHAT IS SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN
- A programme with a clear time frame for universal elementary education.
- A response to the demand for quality basic education all over the country.
- An opportunity for promoting social justice through basic education.
- An effort at effectively involving the Panchayati Raj Institutions, School Management Committees, Village and Urban Slum level Education Committees, Parents Teachers Associations, Mother Teacher Associations, Tribal Autonomous Councils and other grass root level structures in the management of elementary schools.
- An expression of political will for universal elementary education across the country.
- A partnership between the Central, State and the local government
- An opportunity for State to develop their own vision of elementary education
OBJECTIVES OF SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN
- All Children in school, Education Guarantee Center, Alternate School,Back-to-School camp by 2003.
- All Children complete five years of primary schooling by 2007.
- All Children complete eight years of elementary schooling by 2010.
- Focus on elementary education of satisfactory quality with emphasis on education for life.
- Bridge all gender and social category gaps at primary stage by 2007 and at elementary education level by 2010.
|2||Minority Primary School||13|
|4||Minority Middle School||7|
|5||Govt High School Including Project, Kasturba Upgaded, Model & +2 High School||122|
|6||Minority High School||3|